No? Why not?
it just feels eugh right? because although its 90% healthy the preps all wrong!
There is so much info out there on how to make yourself feel happier but the number one tip I wish someone had told me. Are you ready?
And I’m not talking about de-cluttering your wardrobes.
So what is it?
The official definition of this is “The art of clearing and revitalising the energy in a building”.
Why would you even bother with this?
It’s great if you’ve decided to get your zen on in your home, whether that’s doing yoga, meditating or just eating healthier but everything has energy, plants, animals, humans and even your home. It’s hard to believe because you can’t see or touch it
but I like to think of it like this; when you walk into a room and someone’s in a bad mood – they don’t have to say anything, you can just tell they by their energy, the “vibe” they’re giving off and you just don’t want to be in their company so you walk out of the room. Whatever positive activities you’re doing, you need to make your surroundings are positively supporting them.
It’s important to be aware of the vibe YOU give off and the thoughts you have because you create what you think and this applies to your home because it’s an extension of YOUR energy, if you love your home your home will love you. This might be hard if you’re not living in your dream home at the moment but you can still create a positive environment by filling it with items that make you smile and that you love to help make it a more beautiful space.
Top tips to make your “Home Sweet Home”.
- Use colourful cushions or throws to brighten up dark furniture
- Have plants or fresh flowers around the house
- Play relaxing music
- Put up posters of inspiring icons or motivational quotesThere’s a few different techniques that you can use and there’s no right or wrong way, just pick one that works for you.
The three main ones are; Smudging (Burning sage), Salt, Sound (a loud clap)
Before you start.
- Buy a sage bundle, I buy mine at Opal Moon.
- Make sure the area is well ventilated.
- Keep all the room doors in the house open and even a few windows.
- Clean and tidy the area you wish to smudge as negative energy can get blocked in clutter.
- Set a positive intention. This is the most important part!
What do you want to achieve by Smudging your space? Create a mantra depending on this, for example “I fill this home with light, love and positive energy, everyone that visits will feel it and only energy that matches this is welcome in
- Place the sage on any heat-proof burning and light the bundle by holding a flame to it until it begins to smoke. If an orange flame appears, shake the bundle gently or blow until it is just smokes. Don’t worry if you have to re-light it a few times.
- Before you clear your home it’s important to Smudge yourself first.
Once there is a nice amount of smoke, use your hand to direct the smoke over your body from your feet up to your head, then back down again. As you do this, visualize the smoke taking away with it any negative energy from your life.
- Then walk around the edge of each room paying extra care to the corners as this is where energy can build up. Continue to say your positive mantra.
- When you have finished allow the smoke to go out.
Place salt in bowls and put them in the corners of each room.
Remove after a few hours
Clapping can dispel negative energy, pay special attention to the corners of the room as negative energy can get stuck here.
Once you establish a space clearing routine that works for you, you can introduce crystals, essential oils or even plants to make it your own and although I’m all for adding items to give it a little boost the most important thing you need for a successful clearing is a positive intention set by a happy YOU.
Positive energy + positive words = Positive space
I’d love to hear how you get on with clearing your homes.